How to get top-tier Hyatt Globalist status for life
Similar to Marriott lifetime elite status and Hilton lifetime elite status, there’s a way to earn World of Hyatt status for life. Once you do so, you can enjoy status perks without satisfying the annual requirements.
The World of Hyatt program only offers lifetime status for its top Globalist tier. So, here’s what you should know about lifetime World of Hyatt Globalist status.
Earning lifetime Globalist status
Lifetime Globalist status requires 1,000,000 base points over the life of your World of Hyatt account. This is no small feat.
Hyatt members earn 5 base points per dollar on room rates, dining purchases, spa treatments and other eligible expenses (excluding taxes and fees) at participating hotels. Earnings are limited to room rates for stays at Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties.
While most members earn most of their lifetime base points from hotel stays, you can also earn 10 base points per dollar on FIND experiences (excluding taxes, gratuities and service charges). You’ll also earn 5 base points per dollar on the cruise fare of qualifying Lindbald Expeditions booked through Hyatt.
If you earn 5 base points per dollar, you’ll need to spend $200,000 to reach 1,000,000 base points. Assuming you spend $10,000 and earn 50,000 base points each year, you’ll still need about two decades to earn lifetime Globalist status.
Business travelers who frequent pricier cities or more luxurious brands like Park Hyatt might be able to hit this threshold quicker. However, if you’re a price-conscious award traveler who loves booking Category 1 Hyatt properties for as little as 3,500 points a night, don’t expect to earn lifetime Globalist status anytime soon.
Related: Here’s how to quickly stock up on Hyatt points for your next vacation
What doesn’t count toward lifetime Globalist status
You’re not working toward the 1,000,000 base point requirement whenever you earn bonus points. Bonus points include those earned via:
Sign up for our daily newsletter
Related: The 23 best Hyatt hotels in the world
Lifetime Globalist benefits
World of Hyatt Globalist members enjoy various perks, including:
- 30% bonus points on eligible purchases.
- 4 p.m. late checkout (subject to availability at hotels with a casino, Destination Residences and Hyatt resorts; not available at Hyatt Residence Club resorts).
- Room upgrades, including standard suites and club-level rooms (at participating locations; based on availability at check-in).
- One complimentary bottle of water per day.
- Club lounge access or complimentary full breakfast daily at properties without a club lounge (or when the club lounge is closed).
- Complimentary parking on free night awards (when parking charges can be billed to the guest room; not available at vacation ownership properties).
- Waived resort fees (not available at vacation ownership properties).
- Early check-in (when available).
- Guest of Honor.
- MGM Gold status match.
Lifetime Globalist members also receive the following perks every year around March 1, regardless of their annual stay activity:
- Four suite upgrade certificates (each can be used to confirm a standard suite for up to seven nights at the time of booking on an eligible rate).
- One Category 1 through 7 free night certificate.
- Access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge agent.
You can earn even more perks as a lifetime Globalist each calendar year through Hyatt’s milestone rewards program:
- After 50 qualifying nights or 80,000 base points in a calendar year, you’ll earn another two suite upgrade awards.
- After 60 qualifying nights or 100,000 base points in a calendar year, you’ll earn another two suite upgrade awards and another Category 1 through 7 certificate.
In other words, a lifetime Globalist member who completes 60 nights or earns 100,000 base points in a calendar year will receive a total of eight suite upgrade awards and two Category 1 through 7 certificates during that year.
Related: 5 easy ways to maximize Hyatt award redemptions
How to check your progress
Unfortunately, you can’t see your lifetime base points when you log into your World of Hyatt account. To check your lifetime base points, refer to your most recent account summary (Hyatt emails this to its members monthly). At the top of the email, you’ll see your lifetime base points.
You can also contact World of Hyatt for your current lifetime base points balance.
Related: What is World of Hyatt elite status worth?
You won’t qualify for lifetime Globalist status overnight. However, once you earn 1,000,000 base points over your lifetime, you’re a World of Hyatt Globalist member for the rest of your life or until the program is terminated. The terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program give Hyatt the full discretion to adjust lifetime Globalist status:
In the event that Hyatt modifies the Program or transitions to a successor loyalty program in such a way that the Globalist tier is eliminated, Hyatt may (in its sole discretion) elect to transfer Lifetime Globalists into a comparable elite tier in the modified Program or successor loyalty program.
If your loyalty to Hyatt is built mostly on award stays and elite status earned from the World of Hyatt Credit Card, then lifetime status might not be in the cards.
If you spend a vast amount of money with Hyatt over the lifetime of your account, you may eventually earn lifetime Globalist status. Once you do, you’ll enjoy Globalist status — and an annual gift of two suite upgrade awards and a Category 1 through 7 certificate — for the rest of your life, regardless of your activity each year.
Additional reporting by Ethan Steinberg.