Felt like a VIP in Belad Bont Resort in Salalah! This is why you should stay here when you’re in the city.
Can I just say that I definitely had one of my best middle east trips in Oman? After going on a trip to Muscat, the desert, and exploring Sur, we went straight to Salalah.
There’s so much to see in Oman that my stay in Salalah was obviously not enough. My tour was made complete with the hospitality of the Omani people and amazing customer service of Belad Bont Resort, my home for 3 days and 2 nights in Salalah. More of my stay in Belad Bont Resort is below!
Things To Do in Salalah, Oman
1. Sultan Qaboos Mosque
The second-largest mosque in Oman and this one should be seen. The Sultan Qaboos Mosque is beautiful and breathtaking to behold! The prayer hall is decorated with marble and covered with a huge Persian carpet. The mosque can be visited by non-Muslims every morning (except Fridays). Remember that appropriate clothing must be worn. Hair must be covered for ladies, no short dresses, and shoulders must also be covered. Definitely worth a visit!
2. Beach Hopping!
There are a few beaches in Salalah that you must see! If you have plenty of time, you can even spend a day at the beach for refreshments after exploring some popular attractions. Here are the beaches you should visit.
- Al Mughsail Beach – You simply have to see this dreamlike beach, an infinitely long white beach about 6 km, with water like in the Caribbean. A very good reason to come back to Salalah.
- Al Fizayah Beach – Another Caribbean feeling in the Orient. Magnificent nature and clean water that changes into blue and turquoise! To get there, you will have to drive down a cliff and find yourself in a pristine and deserted paradise. Highly recommended!
- Marneef Cave – One of the most visited tourist places in the vicinity of Salalah. The entrance to this attraction is already impressive. The cliffs and grotto are at the western end of Al Mughsail Beach.
3. Sumhuram Old City
Sumhuram Old City is manageable but definitely worth seeing. One can imagine the strategic importance in ancient times with a bit of imagination. All in all a spectacular excavation with a great view of the former port. The adjoining museum should also be visited.
4. Museum of the Frankincense Land
Between the old and new Salalah lies the Frankincense Museum and the archaeological sites. The museum is small but informative and interesting. The excavations are very extensive and not on hot days or preferably in the morning. Here you not only learn something about the incense but also a lot about the history of Oman which is brought closer through changing exhibitions.
5. See Other Popular Spots in Salalah
One day is really not enough in Salalah as there are plenty of beautiful places to explore. Here are the other popular spots in Salalah that you shouldn’t miss!
- Taqah Castle – a very nicely preserved castle, in the bedroom there is still the old four-poster bed, and from above you will have a beautiful view of the beach. In the courtyard, a palm tree provides shade and a small incense tree is available. The fortress was inhabited until 1984.
- Earth Gravity Controversial – You have to experience this! As if pulled by a ghost hand, the heavy off-road vehicle drives up the rather steep mountain without engine power. The point is located between Taqah and Wadi Darbat, at the beginning of a road leading to the Dhofar plateau.
- Al Balid Archeological Site – The excavations cover a historical period of about 800 years until the domination of the Portuguese in 1500 who changed the trade routes and was the end of the city. You can see the remains of houses, mosques, and warehouses near the beach and a reserve of fresh water from the wadi located in the mountains behind.
Where to Stay in Salalah, Oman
A luxurious hotel and resort, Belad Bont Resort is located in just the western part of Salalah City. It has 99 rooms that guests can choose from including; rooms (standard, superior, super deluxe), chalets, and VIP Suites. We stayed in one of their Chalets!
During our 3 days and 2 nights stay discovering what Salalah has to offer, we managed to get a chance to stay in Belad Bont Resort which is also the first of its kind in Salalah!
The accommodation, dining, spa & gym, and the customer service are all top-notch! My photos are proof of how satisfied (and happy) I am with everything I experienced in Belad Bont!
Belad Bont Resort’s Restaurants
You guys know how much I love food, and when I suggest a certain dish or even a restaurant, believe me for that because that means you should not miss that one! I’m also vocal if a food is not aligned with my taste bud. To simply put this, I actually just want to tell you that I LOVE the food in Belad Bont. They even gave us a welcome cake, yay! (diet? Never heard of that.. I know you too, haha!)
At Belad Bont, they have 4 restaurants, a poolside juice bar, and an exclusive ladies-only facility which I think is really cool;
- Mosaic (All Day Dining)
- Ottoman Restaurant
- Riviera Lounge
- Lagoon Pool Deck
- Yasameen (the Lady Only Lounge)
I enjoyed everything we had, from the drinks to appetizers and main dishes. And since Belad Bont has a few options for dining, it is quite difficult to choose where to eat, but of course, you can always try everything your mouth wishes for!
Pampering At Belad Bont’s Spa & Gym
A stay at Belad Bont also means you need some pampering! The resort’s Spa & Gym is something you shouldn’t miss. They have the Yasemeen Spa which is exclusive for ladies where you can find a nail bar, a private indoor heated swimming pool, and a gym that is designed for the ladies! Yay!
You can also spend some time in the sauna to release some bad “energy” from all the stress that this world gave us. Haha!
After that, soak yourself in the Jacuzzi, ahh… can you imagine how relaxing that is? Really a dream!
My time in Oman is very limited but everything I heard about this country before was true, it was so fun! That’s why even though I haven’t even left the country yet, I’m already planning to go back! Hoping to bring you all here someday.