Waterfalls are gifts of nature. They enhance the beauty of the environment. Waterfalls are not just pretty but have a majesty of their own. Exploring the outdoor environment– whether you’re walking, hiking, biking, swimming, or camping – can improve your mood and your self-esteem. Increased blood circulation to the brain, as well as the release of “happy” chemicals like serotonin and endorphins, help contribute to this increased sense of well-being.
Many people do plan on camping near waterfalls as there are numerous things you can do to enjoy while camping near one. This article will definitely come in handy if you ever decide to go camping near a waterfall.
There are countless camping opportunities in the United States. There are many designated sites for family and group camping that may come with RV hookups, cabins, restrooms with hot showers, and picnic areas with grills; to primitive camping with few amenities.
- Make sure to camp in designated areas by permit only as most areas can be slippery and dangerous.
- Make sure to do your research and register yourself of there is a need to do so.
- Make sure to build fires only in permitted and designated areas and must be tended at all times. Gathering firewood should only be done in designated areas
- Make sure to park your vehicles in the designated location once you reach the camping sight
- Study the map of the surrounding and also keep a hardcopy of the map with you in case of network issues it will come in handy
- All camping equipment and vehicles (if applicable) must be on the campsite and not spread out in the woods.
- Always stay on alert on changes of the weather or the changes in the water levels
- Plan the things you intend to do before hand and this will help you to have a fruitful experience.
- Pack up a first aid kit, ropes, threads, needles a torchlight for emergencies
- Pack sufficient clothes based on the weather conditions
- Always make sure to bring back your garbage with you without loitering the surrounding
Essentials to take when going camping near a waterfalls
Below are a few of the essential clothing wear which we encourage you to take when you go on your next camping trip to a waterfall.
1. Sturdy Hiking Boots
Your feet are probably one of the most important parts of your body on a trip. let alone a hike to reach the waterfall. The path is definitely going to be slippery most of the time. As a result, you really need to prevent injury to them, and that’s where having a sturdy shoe with ankle support and traction serves this purpose.
2. GPS Vehicle Navigation
Waterfall camping generally means that we have to go to remote places. Thus, we have to drive almost everywhere we go. However, not everywhere has a good network. Furthermore, Google Maps or Apple Maps may either lacks or contains misinformation for such off-the-beaten-path places. Therefore, reverting to the tried-and-true old school mapping tools is extremely important
3. Chemical Protection: Sunscreen, Lip Balm, and Insect Repellant
4. Note Taking and Blogging Tools
5. Outdoor Clothing: Cargo Pants, Hiking Shirt, and Jacket
Make sure to carry clothes that are
- multiple zippered and velcro pockets (so nothing falls out)
- detachable legs (for relief from hot weather)
6. First Aid Kit, a flashlight, a knife
7. Note Taking and Blogging Tools
Familiarize yourself with the rules of camping and you’ll enjoy a fun, safe and affordable experience.