Now that Metro Manila and several other areas in the Philippines are under Alert Level 1, the restrictions are more relaxed. Because of this, more people will probably be encouraged to go out and travel again, just in time for summer. These days, one of the safest ways to travel is to bring your own car and go on a road trip with your family and friends —- whether it’s for a day trip just so you can be in a place outside your home or a weekend getaway for a quick break.
To help motorists and road trippers plan their journeys, Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation — the operator of NLEX, SCTEX, CAVITEX, CALAX, and the soon-to-open Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway (CCLEX) — recently launched the MPT DriveHub app. At the online media event on 1 March 2022, MPT DriveHub Head and MPT Mobility Vice President for Business Development, Mark de Leon, and MPTC Chief Digital information officer, Carlo Cagalingan, introduced the features of MPT Drivehub.
- Manage your RFID account. Through the app, you can check the balance on your RFID. You can also reload your account and pay through GCash or PayMaya.
- Toll fee calculator. You can input your destination and compute how much you would pay for toll in advance. That way, you can reload your account right away in case you don’t have enough balance.
- Emergency call button. In case you need a roadside assistance, you may use the emergency call button to ask for help. They could also help you call for towing assistance.
- Know where the nearest gas stations, restaurants, and restrooms. If you’re going on a long drive, this feature would help you manage your travel time by planning your meal/rest stops in advance.
- Real time traffic advisories. Users will receive traffic updates on the app to let hem know the situation on their route.
The app aims to be an all-in-one travel companion for travelers and motorists who use the tollways operated by Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation. There are also future development plans for the app that includes parking availability services, insurance availment, and a marketplace for car parts.
We’ll be posting a more comprehensive tutorial for this app so check back soon. Meanwhile, you may get the app. The MPT DriveHub app is now available for download on Google Playstore for Android users and AppStore for iOS users.